NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Database Admin Manager to join our client’s team in Tampa, FL. This is a direct hire position with some remote flexibility. Candidate must sit in the Tampa area.
SALARY: $135-140K (depending on experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Business Administration or Computer science
- 10+ years experience in a senior individual contributor
- 10+ years of DBA and Database management experience preferred
- 2+ years of Management experience
- 2+ years of hands-on public cloud experience
- 2+ Project management, ITIL, and operational support
- 5 + years of experience in MySQL, Oracle, and PostgreSQL, Greenplum/Hadoop, NoSQL database technologies
- 3 + years of experience with SQL, Data Modeling
- Must have a solid knowledge of current Cloud Database services (RDS on AWS), S3, and in-memory cache storage such as Gemfire
- Must have understating of Data Warehouse, Data Lake, transactional applications on various data store technologies
- Experience with Vendor management for delivery and operations
- Experience using cloud technologies and tools such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Configuration Management, and Provisioning Automation to rapidly increase technical agility and reduce delivery of services and time to market from days to time minutes.
- He or she should participate in an architecture review board with data architects, infrastructure architects, and application architects to architect and design end-to-end solutions
- Provide technical guidance for integration, testing, design, development, and planning of new major, large-scale production systems/databases
- Perform short and long-term system/database/data storage planning and analysis
- Take the lead to recommend fit-for-purpose data stores to all the new projects implementations
- Must have a thorough understanding of security practices such as LDAP, SSL, SSO, and certificate management.
- Create run books and recommendations knowledge base related to data storage technologies.
- Integrate/collaborate with application development and support teams on various IT projects
- Contribute to improving and creating Data Storage policies, procedures, and standards, as well as documenting the current data storage landscape
- Have an in-depth understanding of KPIs related to Service Level Agreements.
- Lead a platform team of full-time associates and offshore DBAs across multiple work streams simultaneously
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com