NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our client’s team in Suwanee, GA. This is an onsite, contract to hire position.
SALARY: $24-$29/hourly (depending on experience)
- 5+ years Accounts Payable experience
- Associates degree in Accounting – preferred, not required
- Proficiency in MS Office – Outlook, Word, advanced Excel
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Conduct thorough review and verification of invoice details, including pricing, quantities, and terms.
- Assist in reconciling vendor statements to ensure accuracy of accounts payable balances.
- Handle inquiries from internal/external partners regarding payment status and resolve any disputes or issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve invoice discrepancies and prevent duplicate payments.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of invoices, payments, and related documentation and resolution.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing activities as required.
- Stay up to date with company policies, procedures, and best practices related to accounts payable.
- Investigate and resolve accounts payable issues promptly and accurately.
- Collaborate with internal departments and vendors to address invoice discrepancies and payment errors.
- Communicate effectively with vendors, providing updates and clarifications on payment issues.
- Identify process improvements to streamline accounts payable issue resolution procedures.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, legal requirements, and accounting standards.
- Provide training and support to internal teams on accounts payable issue resolution processes.
- Be responsible for insuring a seamless experience for suppliers and business partners related to the Accounts Payable / Invoice to Pay process.
- Address supplier related inquires related to the transacting of POs, physical processing of invoices, wire transfer requests, and/or supplier master data.
- Be responsible for insuring compliance to the defined processes when engaging with the various end users (requestor, business partner, suppliers, fellow associates)
- Have the primary responsibility for creating and maintaining supplier data in concert with its use within the source-to-settle process.
- Support vendor payment process by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments.
- Receive, analyze, and resolve supplier inquiries and disputes, providing high levels of customer service support to all business units and suppliers.
- Perform AP Aged Trial Balance process management & supporting research, supplier credit recovery activities, and related supplier communications process coordination. Analyze, and resolve supplier ATB disputes, and credit recovery discrepancies with R2P Associates.
- Provide ad hoc reporting support to A/P Management for detection activities, and investigation support to Corporate Internal Audit requests.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com