NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking an Apigee Middleware Engineer to join our client’s team. This is a remote, direct hire position. Candidate must be located on East Coast / EST.
SALARY: $120-135K (depending on experience)
- Expertise in Apigee Edge and/or Apigee X
- 5+ years’ experience with API design and development
- Familiarity with Oracle / SQL Server or other RDBMS
- Highly proficient in API Lifecycle management – Requirement analysis, Design, Implementation, Unit test case preparation and execution, Code reviews and Delivery
- Highly proficient with API Design specifications using swagger or similar tools
- Experienced in API proxy creation comprising of security, transformation, logging & traffic management features
- Experienced in Apigee API Management tools and solutions
- Experience with creation and execution of Test Cases via ReadyAPI, Postman or similar tools
- Experience with QA reports for documentation
- Experience with Publishing API’s using OpenAPI or similar tools, CICD
- Experience with API Developer Portal
- Ability to translate requirements into design specifications for APIs
- Ability to train and mentor developers with API development tools
- Ability to work effectively with team and stake holders; share knowledge to ensure team success
- Ability to work through support tickets with Vendor
- Lead sessions with consumers of services to define their requirements with respect to access, logical structure, and accessibility.
- Lead sessions with developers to ensure the proper understanding is achieved. This includes:
o Scheduling knowledge transfer sessions
o Answering questions as needed
o Offering technical solution guidance.
- Lead Development and sustainment of integration environments:
o Help conduct technical research, testing, evaluation and documentation of tools and methodologies to ensure that tools are current and functional
o Analyze and study services integration requirements to lead designing, planning, and deploying needed capabilities
o Work with development teams and designers to learn architectural requirements to ensure client satisfaction with product
o Lead development and integration efforts and the validation of associated work products
o Help identify issues and suggest ways to help correct or tune performance issues
o Provide answers to client inquiries concerning reporting and support. Refer inquires as necessary to appropriate personnel
o Provide end user support related to access and software installation and maintenance
o Document and provide support; resolve issues to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications.
- Implementation within the integration environments:
o Work in partnership with system administrators and engineering groups to assist in the design changes to equipment. Determine the impact upon software deployments, operations, and supportability to ensure timely and uninterrupted service for the customer.
- Partner with other IT teams to deliver department and company initiatives.
o Participate in all facets of projects, including planning, design, requirements, documentation, construction and implementation
o Assist with estimates on costs and schedule for required changes to system baseline configurations
o Advises IT and business consumers on solution alternatives
o Learn applicable standards and best practices.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com