NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join our client’s team in Tampa, FL. This is an on-site, direct hire position.
SALARY: $80-93K + bonus (depending on experience)
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or related discipline or 5 years’ experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a project engineer or assistant project manager in the construction industry with a general contractor
- Strong computer skills are a necessity, including familiarity with construction project management applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and are required to interface directly with owners' representatives, the A/E team, building departments and other team members
- Intermediate finance skills are required
- Contributes preconstruction services by engaging in the following: reviews Design Documents, identifies key Subcontractors, investigates site, analyzes labor markets, identifies long-lead items, develops Bid Packages, participates in pre-bid conferences, develops Project Procedures Manual, and coordinates and obtains permitting
- Contributes to project financial tracking by engaging in the following: approves miscellaneous job expenditures, assists in preparing monthly Owner Requisitions, processes monthly requisitions, manages change order process, assists in Loss-Control Management, administers Owner Purchase Program, manages project assets
- Manages project start-ups by engaging in the following: develops Scopes of Work, sets up filing system, develops Purchasing Schedule, obtains insurance and bonds, establishes Schedule of Project Meetings, develops QC Program, develops Loss Control (Safety) Program, sets up and distributes project directory and mobilizes onto site
- Maintains schedules by engaging in the following: complies with contract requirements, coordinates with corporate scheduling, prepares and distributes detailed Project Schedules, prepares resource loaded Schedules, prepares, and distribute monthly updates, and develops Look-Ahead Schedules
- Manages project administration by engaging in the following: administers document control, administers RFI process, administers critical items list, prepares monthly reports, prepares correspondence, maintains filing system, conducts project meetings, and evaluates and responds to project risks
- Contributes to field operations by engaging in the following: conducts trade preconstruction meetings, coordinates Subcontractors and Vendors, coordinates permit inspections, maintains subcontractor relationships, manages QC Program, manages Loss Control (Safety) Program, manages Shop Drawing process, manages material expediting process, manages daily cleanup, manages rental equipment, performs daily jobsite walk, coordinates specialty inspections, and manages start-up and commissioning of equipment
- Promotes client relations by engaging in the following: interacts regularly with Owner and complies with client's needs
- Manages project closeout and post construction services by engaging in the following: obtains Certificate of Occupancy and other government approvals, submits “As-Built” Drawings, submits Operation Manuals, completes Punch List, coordinates Owner move-in and start-up, finalizes Owner Training Programs, obtains and delivers warranties and transfers attic stock, demobilizes field operations, closes out subcontracts, submits Project History Report, completes Asset Transfer, obtains client referral, archives project records, and administers warranty period services
- Promotes company by engaging in the following: participates in Company-sponsored events, participates in Task Team Committees, participates in industry-related organizations, teaches and/or trains employees, participates in college recruiting and related activities, participates in general recruiting, participates in Company presentations, participates in Project PR events, and seeks positive PR opportunities
- Participates in personal professional development by engaging in the following: participates in training programs, participates in continuing education programs, participates in seminars, and conferences, and participates in professional organizations
- Performs all other job duties and responsibilities as assigned
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to email@example.com for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com