NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Billings & Collections Specialist to join our client’s team in St. Petersburg, FL. This is an onsite, contract position.
SALARY: $19- $21 hour (depending on experience)
- 1-2 years collections experience
- Government (state, federal, city) Medicare/Medicaid, insurance or medical collections experience (Aetna, BlueCross BlueShield)
- Experience using billing software – Electronic Medical Record a plus
- Understanding of medical terminology and insurance laws/guidelines
- Soft Skills: Excellent organization, time management, team player, customer service oriented, attention to detail
- Responsible for charge and payment entry within Electronic Health Record. Coordinates and clarifies with clients/customers, when necessary, on information that seems incomplete or is lacking for proper account / claim adjudication.
- Responsible for correcting, completing, and processing claims for all payer codes.
- Analyze and interpret the claims are accurately sent to insurance companies.
- Perform follow up with Medicare, Medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care, and health insurance companies on unpaid insurance accounts identified through aging reports.
- Able to identify and appeal claims if needed and or ability to process appeals online or via paper submission; Assist with billing audit related information.
- Attends customer meetings/ workshops / implementations when needed.
- Ability to navigate commercial/customer payment platforms and or portals.
- Communicate daily with internal and external customers via phone calls and written communications.
- Identify trends, and carrier issues relating to billing and reimbursements. Report findings to Team Lead and/or Supervisor.
- Research, record findings, and communicate effectively with Manager to achieve optimum performance.
- Pursue and participate in education to remain current with changes in the Healthcare industry.
- Maintain HIPPA/PHI requirements.
- Promote effective working relations and work effectively as part of a team to facilitate the department’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate respect to all fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to email@example.com for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com