NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Commercial Superintendent to join our client’s team in Orlando, FL. This is an on-site, direct hire position.
SALARY: $80-85K + bonus (depending on experience)
- 5+ years’ experience as a Project Superintendent for multi-million dollar commercial and industrial projects, preferably ground up.
- Minimum skill levels include technical expertise in plan reading, concrete and masonry systems, structural modification, demolition, and carpentry; ability to communicate and lead subcontractors in execution of their work.
- Basic knowledge of MEP, Life Safety, refrigeration, health department requirements and kitchen exhaust hoods are a must.
- Theme park experience is preferred.
- Must be dedicated to jobsite safety and be an enforcer of safe construction practices
- Supervision of all operations and activities on the site
- Monitors work in progress and reports to his Project Manager
- Inspection of work in place for compliance with plans and specifications and local building codes
- Conduct weekly coordination/scheduling/safety meetings (White Board meetings)
- Prepare daily jobsite activity and progress reports
- Schedule all trades and prepare 2-week look-ahead schedules
- Confirm that project will be completed by scheduled date with weekly updates
- Ability to communicate well via telephone to schedule work and resolve problems
- Ability to schedule subcontractor work force in the proper sequence to maintain the project schedule
- Identify and track with Project Engineer all long lead items for schedule critical tasks
- Ability to evaluate performance of the subcontractors and individuals they are supervising
- Must be a creative thinker and possess ability to solve problems
- Must be able to discern when to involve upper management in project issues and bring possible problem resolutions to the discussion
- Manage in such a manner as to promote professionalism and company values when dealing with owners, subcontractors, and subordinates
- Willing to assist subcontractors and material suppliers as needed to complete the scope of work for a successful project
- Theme park work will require coordination of access, badging, and parking for all vendors during the course of a project and may include night work
- Able/willing to use mobile technology for collaboration/communication with the entire construction team and in the performance of job duties
- Must demand excellence of finish details from all trades on project
- Willingness and ability to work with construction tools and equipment as necessary
- Attend weekly L10 meetings with General Superintendent to discuss job specific issues
- Must be able to clearly process RFI with Project Engineer and subcontractor for swift and clear answer to issue. Provide simple solutions as needed.
- Compile/track/execute punch list from owner/architect
- Maintain onsite contract documents (permits/revisions/safety) and ensure all required documents are collected.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to email@example.com for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com