NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Construction Regional Controller to join our client’s team in Tacoma, WA. This is an onsite, direct hire position.
SALARY: $100-150K+ Bonus (depending on experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or commensurate functional field experience required; CCIFP certification (preferred) or Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of financial / administrative support within a fast-paced construction/insurance restoration preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of basic accounting concepts including accruals, matching and revenue recognition.
- Sage 100 or Sage 300 Accounting software experience preferred. Percent of Completion accounting required
- Experience with subcontract agreements, lien waivers and job cost analysis a plus
- Proficiency / advance use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Suite (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas, graphs)
- The Regional Controller will be knowledgeable about all aspects of Project Accounting and each job assigned to its Divisions and be responsible for supervision of the following:
- Ensure the accurate Job Status of all jobs at any point in time
- Accurate, complete and timely Cost Reporting on jobs abiding to proper cutoff
- Cost Control on all jobs: analyze the job accounting data to make corrections and work with operations to course correct production of the job to exceed budget. Oversees job profit margin.
- Ensure Dash Budgets and Work Orders are in place and compliant on all rebuild jobs. Ensure completeness of Sage SARs for all jobs after Work Orders have been created. Responsible for managing and ensuring SARs, WO and budget updates are processed timely.
- Coordinate the selection of invoices to be included in the bi-weekly disbursement cycle and ensure payments have been reviewed and abide to company policy. Abide by corporate cutoff timelines. Perform final review of all invoices and credit card expense reports to ensure accuracy of data input.
- Oversee the selection of invoices to be included in the bi-weekly disbursement cycle and ensure payments have been reviewed and abide to company policy. Abide by and enforce corporate cutoff timelines. Perform final review of all invoices and credit card expense reports to ensure accuracy of data input.
- Ensure proper monitoring and tracking of the cash position of the project at all times. Manage Regional cash collection activity. Ensure accurate and timely accounting of all receivable components including application of cash receipts, billings, adjustments and write-offs. Manage lien requirements, oversee the preparation of files for collections and small claims as needed
- Maintain accurate jobs Work in Progress (WIP) report based on cost-based percentage of completion accounting at all times, with specific emphasis on month end.
- Lead biweekly WIP meetings with GMs, Production personnel and Administrative personnel;
- Perform Final Review of subcontractor payments.
- The Regional Controller will work closely with the Divisional Controllers, General Managers, Estimators, Project Managers and Administrators (ex. Contract Coordinators) on all facets of project accounting and administration.
- Manages all financial transactions including all accounts payable authorizations and disbursements, cash receipts, accounts receivable, and maintenance of the underlying ledgers.
- Lead and facilitate the testing and implementation of new automated systems and enhancements to existing systems. Ensuring proper training to all department members and impacted company personnel.
- Perform tasks associated with Regional monthly close and account reconciliations. Proficient in performing GL analysis review.
- Troubleshoot and resolve transactional errors in the ERP system.
- Coordinates the preparation of the business unit's financial statements and other financial and operating reports. Performs appropriate financial analysis in conjunction with Corporate FP&A. Prepare and disseminate timely financial reports for Regional Management, including, but not limited to, internal monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements where needed.
- Assist General Managers and /or Regional President with accurate and timely information to facilitate the operations of the business. Analyzes unusual items or trends. Perform complex financial analysis and coordinate strategic and process development initiatives with minimal supervision and guidance. Provide outstanding customer service.
- Review weekly dashboard report for the Region and each Division. Implement corrective measures for improvement on low margin jobs, aged receivables and non-compliant jobs.
- Monthly WIP review with GMs and Corporate Accounting.
- Assist in the preparation of Annual Operating Budgets with the Finance Department. Monitor the financial operations (budget to actual variances) and partner with General Managers and Divisional Accounting personnel to drive attainment of (or beat) budgets to actuals. Recommend plan of corrective action to GM and coordinate the execution of corrective action plan.
- Responsible for ensuring Third Party Administrator, State and County licensing compliance and regulatory standards.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Corporate and Regional operations and become a trusted business partner providing key operational and financial insights; ensure regional operations are comfortable with and understand their financials.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to email@example.com for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com