NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Construction Superintendent to join our client’s team in Florida. This is a direct hire position. Candidate must be in Orlando, FL area.
SALARY: $70-85k (based on experience)
- Must have Class A office tenant improvement experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Construction Management, or 5 years’ experience in construction management in lieu of degree.
- Experience on construction sites and as a site superintendent.
- Understanding cost and schedule development and controls.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proficient using software such as Microsoft Office – especially MS Excel – as well as project management software such as PlanGrid and Microsoft Project.
- Monitor physical job site.
- Relay information between field and office
- Maintain worksite quality, speed, and morale
- Coordinate site layout, and direct equipment and deliveries
- Maintain site cleanliness
- Generate Daily and Weekly Reports.
- Adhere to using the communication platform agreed upon (PlanGrid, One Note, etc.).
- Comply with all sections of Employee Manual.
- Build and maintain relationship with the subs team, building engineer, inspectors.
- Communicate with assigned project manager on daily basis.
- Be proactive: anticipate and mitigate risks, delays, issues down the road.
- Committed to positive communication rooted in collaboration and problem-solving.
- Develop and nurture client relationships to foster good will that hopefully leads to future projects.
- Holding vendors and inspectors accountable.
- Coordinate scheduling of subcontractors, consultants, inspectors and vendors to
- complete each project on time.
- Monitor work and materials to ensure quality control standards are met at various stages of the project.
- Communicate with the project team and support each subcontractor to execute his/her job duties effectively and efficiently.
- Perform inspections or schedule inspectors to meet the varying safety and compliance regulations of each job location.
- Maintain a written daily log of visitors, job actions performed, materials expended, and problems resolved on the job site.
- Travel between multiple job sites and simultaneously manage work loads of individual projects.
- Identify and resolve problems and conflicts, organize meetings and cooperate with team members in various roles as necessary.
- Set an example in keeping the job sites safe, organized, and clean, including meeting standards for waste disposal and environmental protection, and/or addressing unforeseen obstacles or events.
- It is the Superintendent’s job to know and use the Safety Manual and to identify which check lists within it need to be used.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com