NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Director of Workforce Development to join our client’s team in Florida. This is a direct hire position. Candidate must be in the Orlando, FL area.
SALARY: $70-100k (depending on experience)
- Master’s Degree in vocational rehabilitation, rehabilitation counseling, business administration, psychology, public administration, or related field, preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in comprehensive vocational rehabilitation programs, OMBs, business, health, and human services, including program management.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ supervisory experience.
- The list below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability utilized while performing this job.
- Ability to adhere to the organization’s Core Principles.
- Knowledge of job accommodation and modification techniques.
- Knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Rehabilitation Technologies, and Instructional techniques.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of a vocational rehabilitation facility.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in vocational counseling.
- Knowledge of 14(c) certificates and wage measurement.
- Knowledge of applicable CARF standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective judgment for use in interviewing and coordinating with internal and external sources to the agency.
- Ability to manage stress related to crisis intervention, meeting tight time targets and managing employees.
- Ability to supervise others effectively and guide a well-structured team approach.
- Ability to market programs to agencies and clients.
- Ability to pass Florida Level II background check.
- Supervise specialized placement, work services programs, the Discovery Process and all client services provided to individuals with disabilities.
- Work with staff and referral sources to generate appropriate referrals for the Specialized Placement, Employee Development On-the-Job Training, VA Extended Evaluation and other third-party funded programs.
- Ensure effective communications with clients, employers, parents/care providers, social service agencies, and referral sources to coordinate services to meet participant program needs.
- Ensure client safety from hazardous or abusive conditions through the implementation of proactive procedures and thorough and timely investigations.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of CARF standards and ensure departmental compliance with all relevant CARF standards.
- Responsible for developing new employment opportunities for program participants.
- Coordinate the annual survey of employers in a timely manner to determine community prevailing wages.
- Participate in the staff selection process and ensure effective training, supervision, and performance evaluation of staff.
- Ensure compliance with program and fiscal requirements of contractual funding streams.
- Ensure compliance of the Performance Measurement system and completes required paperwork in a timely, correct manner.
- Maintain open and productive relationships with staff of Industries facilities, and other work sites, as well as potential employers and referral sources, to ensure the success of consumer plans and rehabilitation activities.
- Pursue appropriate industrial subcontracts to provide work for Work Services clients.
- Manage the Florida Division of Vocational Rehabilitation’s REBA data system and ensures that documentation is uploaded in a correct and timely manner, including invoices for all Employment Services and OJT Benchmarks.
- Prepare invoices for Industrial Contracts in a correct and timely manner.
- Ensure that all client documentation and program activities are managed in a manner that ensures sensitivity to and compliance with policies and procedures for client confidentiality; Ensure reports and program documents are prepared in accordance with established agency protocols and are filed in the appropriate client case record in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate consistently professional demeanor in speech, actions, and appearance, serving as a role model for participants, staff and co-workers, and community resources.
- Promote an environment of cooperation and support where creativity and innovation are encouraged for participants, employees, co-workers, partners, and other stakeholders and customers.
- Provide departmental supervision in the absence of the Vice President.
- Assist with administrative duties as requested.
- Provide strategic development plans for a comprehensive array of mission services and career advancement programs designed to meet our communities’ needs while bringing value to our organization
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with community service agencies, employers, and government entities to ensure transcending programmatic requirements.
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate the division’s fiscal status to ensure all programs and contracts are within projected revenue and expenses.
- Manage federal, state and local grants and contracts to continue the development of services in the geographical areas served while aligning with our mission and bringing value to our organization.
- Supervise and train Workforce Development Service Directors to meet the organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership to staff by sharing information and responding to other departmental concerns to promote the effective operations of the organization.
- Serve as primary leader responsible for our CARF accreditation.
- Ensure that systems (i.e. quality assurance, outcome measurements, etc.) are created, maintained and reported as required.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com