NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking an Estimator to join our client’s team in Winter Garden, FL. This is an on-site, direct hire position.
SALARY: $80-85K + bonus (depending on experience)
• Bachelor’s degree required in Building Construction, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, other construction based educational program for commercial construction projects or relevant discipline preferred.
• 3+ years prior experience in an Estimating position bidding projects ranging in value with varying complexity within the commercial construction industry, preferably a General Contractor within the state of Florida. Strong knowledge of Divisions 2 through 16, and quantity takeoff experience in Division 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, and 10.
• Conceptual estimating is preferable. Must be able to visualize what will be required to construct a complete project using only schematic or conceptual drawing and relying upon one’s experience to “fill in the gaps”.
• Advanced proficiency using industry specific construction estimating bid takeoff software such as Bluebeam Revu (specifically design, markup, quantity, and cost estimate bid takeoff tools). Advanced proficiency (3+ years) using Procore Project Management, Sage 300 CRE, Sage Paperless Construction document storage software, DocuSign, and MS Office 365 (expert level Excel preferred) with efficiency and accuracy expected. Preferably experience using BIM workflows including 2D & 3D proposal presentation as well as 4D animations. Knowledge of Asana project management software is preferred, but not required. Adaptable to new computer software and technology.
• Outgoing personality comfortable talking frequently and conducting presentation meetings such as with clients and architects, explaining scope and estimates during initial schematic and design development phases of a project.
• High level of judgement, integrity, flexibility, and credibility is critical for this position.
• A valid state driver license and driving history that meets company standards is required.
• Must be able to travel (may include commercial flights) for training, bid meetings, or visits to construction jobsite to observe work, take measurements, or perform other routine tasks.
• Aptitude for mathematics to quickly analyze, compare, and interpret information including unspecified info, then make concise and accurate judgement based on knowledge and experience to establish project timelines and budgets.
• Estimate and prepare competitive bids using familiarity with lump-sum, time & material; also, to solicit subcontractor bids, distribution of plans to qualified bidders, follow-up, and review of bids. Depending on project level of complexity, may work independently or a team environment.
• Track, forecast, analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, costs, and labor estimates for new and renovation of commercial construction projects or construction management services; applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principals, or processes.
• Upon completion of quantity surveys, the Estimator prepares a total project cost summary including the costs of labor, equipment, materials, subcontractors, taxes, insurance, markup, and any other costs that may affect the project to prepare bid proposals ultimately for client including key stakeholders. Applies and appropriates overhead and profit factors to arrive at total bid price.
• Demonstrate extraordinary client and subcontractor relationship management throughout multiple, simultaneous short- and long-term projects while coordinating with others to execute work procedures.
• Prepares project budgets and assigns cost codes to subcontract and purchase orders.
• Consults and negotiates agreements with subcontractors and suppliers, prepares subcontractor and purchase order commitments.
• Select and maintain heavy contact and involvement with vendors and subcontractors throughout the bidding process, providing answers to scope questions.
• Strong communication and organizational skills to constantly communicate with professionalism in a clear and concise manner, internally and externally, with clients, our departments, as well as outside companies (suppliers, subcontractors, and other business partners) to work together to achieve project objectives from multiple sources.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com