NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking an Internal Auditor to join our client’s team. This is a direct hire position. Candidate should be in the Orlando, FL area.
SALARY: $75-90k (depending on experience)
- Minimum 3 years in public accounting and auditing, consulting or equivalent experience
- Experience in executing and documenting audit work associated with SOX/operational audit objectives. Project management experience preferred
- We would prefer candidates who have experience with Oracle and PeopleSoft (both are preferred but would consider one or the other)
- Candidates should have obtained their CPA (or currently in the process of obtaining it)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required, Master’s degree is a plus
- Perform financial audits of business functions to assess compliance with technical accounting and financial reporting guidance, Company/functional policies and procedures, and other regulatory requirements, including SOX and PCAOB standards
- Perform operational, vendor, compliance, fraud and governance-related audits and advisory services
- Utilize a risk-based approach to set the scope engagements that considers cross-functional input and leverage of second lines of defense
- Help develop and execute test plans that assess the design and operating effectiveness of controls needed to address operational/compliance objectives and/or internal controls over financial reporting guidance
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to identify enterprise opportunities, process mapping and other improvement recommendations that drive value for the business function
- Provide audit and liaison assistance to independent auditors in the performance of their external audits of financial statements (e.g., integrated audit, employee benefit plan audits, etc.)
- Research technical accounting or regulatory guidance as needed
- Ensure the nature, extent and timing of audit procedures allows for effective and efficient audit of assigned areas, including leveraging technology, data analytics and continuous audit techniques where appropriate
- Prepare audit work papers, final reports and other deliverables in accordance with relevant audit standards
- Assist in communicating engagement results/recommendations to management, independent auditors, vendors, etc.
- Tailor communications and engagement findings/recommendations to various audiences
- Evaluate the adequacy of management action plans needed to address engagement recommendations and follow up regularly with action item owners to help ensure eventual remediation
- Prepare financial reporting-related materials for Disclosure Committee purposes members
- Support ERM facilitation activities designed to proactively identify and respond to evolving enterprise risks/opportunities
- Help prepare and/or coordinate Audit Committee meeting materials for distribution to Audit Committee and senior management
- Provide thought leadership and personal development for team and business partners
- Utilize appropriate benchmarking, technology and similar tools (such as continuous auditing, data analytics, sampling and audit management software, etc.) that enhance the audit efficiency and effectiveness of the Internal Audit function
- Use technology (continuous auditing, analytics, RPA, IDEA, TeamMate, etc.) to enhance the effectiveness of the Internal Audit function
- Participate in periodic Internal Audit function quality assessment and improvement initiatives
- As necessary, travel domestically/internationally to perform/lead select engagement projects.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com