NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Lead Java Software Engineer to join our client’s team in Florida. This is a remote, direct hire position. Candidate should reside in the Greater Orlando area, or be driving distance so they can come to the office as needed, maybe once a month.
Unfortunately, at this time our client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas. Only candidates authorized to work in the US without sponsorship should apply.
SALARY: $135-145K (depending on experience)
The successful candidate should have a strong background in software development allowing them to lead the team from a position of technical expertise, a deep interest in code quality, and the skills to grow a team of dedicated staff. The individual would split their time between managing the team (60%) and contributing to software development (40%).
- 2+ years of experience in running an Agile development team
- 5+ years of experience using Java
- Experience working with external vendors
- Familiar with Agile development process
- Able to create positive team culture with a strong sense of accountability and collaboration
- High level of communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field
- Lead 5 member development team consisting of web/mobile developers and software engineers.
- Recruit/mentor/manage technical staff and supervise technical delivery.
- Work with the technical staff to perform technical analysis, effort estimations, and product designs.
- Ensure technical staff is adhering to the development lifecycle, including performing unit testing and writing technical documentation.
- Own the team’s output, taking responsibility for the quality of the applications as well as its alignment with technology and product goals.
- Ensure the work performed by internal staff and external vendors meets high quality standards.
- Work collaboratively with the product and design teams to define new features, come up with solutions to product problems, and ensure that the technical staff has the information they need to successfully implement.
- Support the agile journey by working with the team to break development requests into actionable items and coaching them through the sprinting process.
- Assist in identifying tasking for the technical staff to ensure the platform is current and reduce technical debt.
- Ensure development follows defined product suite architectural standards.
- Assist less experienced developers with technical and design challenges.
- Hands-on software development.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com