NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Network Security Admin / Firewall Specialist to join our client’s team in Tampa, FL. This is a direct hire position. Candidate should be located in Tampa, FL or San Antonio, TX. Must be willing to travel to Tampa once a quarter to see clients.
SALARY: $80-95K (depending on experience)
- FORTINET AND PALO ALTO – expert level experience
- Experience with Policies: understand, create, implement
- Must come from an MSP/MSSP
- Experience with customer facing
- 2+ years of experience in Security Administration, preferably working within an MSSP.
- 5+ years of hands-on firewall experience, preferably with multiple firewall products such as Palo Alto, Fortinet, Check Point, Cisco, and Juniper.
- Must have proven experience implementing, maintaining and writing policies within firewall technologies.
- Extensive experience with policy management and rule deployment.
- Knowledge of firewall rule policy optimizations and remediations.
- Operating systems knowledge and systems administration skills for various versions of UNIX, LINUX, and Windows and Windows Server.
- Professional certifications such as CCSA, CCSE, CCNA, CCNP Security, PCNSA, PCNSE, NSE 4, NSE 5, Network+, Security+, are highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of policies, procedures, audits, and risk management.
- Deep understanding of network and security protocols (SSL, DNS, IPSEC, NAT, etc).
- Experience in information security, ideally in multi-platform environments preferred.
- Experience with analyzing security attacks and exploits.
- Experience with SDN and SASE.
- Experience with SDWAN Technologies.
- Basic understanding of programming concepts and code.
- Access Control Concepts, Methodologies, and Techniques.
- Experience in the evaluation of new technology and security threats as they arise.
- Familiarity with information security best practices.
- Demonstrated documentation skills including creation of project metric reports and the creation of communication plans and change control documents.
- Monitor, deploy changes, support, and handle day-to-day firewall rule deployments, and firewall hardware/software refresh activities.
- Analyze, recommend, and deploy firewall solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business and continuous improvements.
- Identify emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Conduct independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues around firewall policies and hardware/software refresh.
- Participate in customer implementation/onboarding of related security controls monitoring and/or management.
- Monitor and track performance, and addresses any issues related to firewalls and rule policies.
- Provide end to end technology support including computer, applications, network and storage, and root-cause analysis etc.
- Participate in new technology releases as applicable to firewall.
- Attend internal and customer meetings as required to provide technical expertise and serves as a subject matter expert on network firewall-related matters.
- Analyze network security requirements and implement perimeter security changes.
- Collaborate with customers’ IT and security departments.
- Collaborate with vendor support for security solutions.
- Collaborate with internal departments.
- Maintain health and performance of security solutions.
- Apply latest security patches and ensure proper defenses are implemented.
- Optimize customer network and security postures.
- Perform security assessments and vulnerability scans.
- Create alerts within solutions to trigger operational events or actions.
- Create alerts within monitoring solutions to trigger health and performance alerts.
- Create monthly security reports for customers.
- Create and maintain dashboards for monitoring solutions.
- Participate in business continuity planning and testing.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) associated with managed systems and applications.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com