NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a PR Specialist to join our client’s team. This is a fully remote, direct hire position.
- Create and follow project timelines, and work with team to accomplish client goals.
- Understand clients’ needs and work with team to develop PR plans that effectively meet clients’ communications objectives.
- Cultivate relationships with key reporters, producers and editors. Draft pitches that will resonate with individual reporters, producers and editors. Follow through on media relations efforts.
- Interview subject matter experts to find newsworthy angles and interesting details.
- Create media talking points and prepare spokesperson(s) for interviews.
- Develop news releases, newsletter articles, blog posts and other materials that clearly, concisely, and consistently communicate clients’ key messages.
- Update online assets through content management systems like WordPress and email management programs like MailChimp or Constant Contact.
- Develop content: create/manage editorial calendars, interview subject matter experts, and write interesting, accurate items in journalistic style.
- Address client needs in a timely manner and proactively communicate with clients. Attend client meetings and calls.
- Assist clients with social media strategy and create performance metrics.
- Work independently by prioritizing tasks and following through on projects to completion.
- Create monthly client reports on key accomplishments, activities, and media coverage.
- Communicate project status, meet deadlines, and surpass client expectations.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in public relations, communications or journalism, with at least 1 year of experience at a PR agency.
- Must have excellent writing skills and command of AP style.
- Mastery of key computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail.
- Understanding of media research databases like Cision and monitoring tools like BurrellesLuce.
- Proficiency with content management systems like WordPress, email marketing platforms like MailChimp and visual content editing tools such as Canva.
- Familiarity with social management/scheduling tools such as Sprout Social or Loomly.
- Bachelor’s degree required – focus on journalism, communications or public relations preferred.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com