NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Project Accountant to join our client’s team in Tucson, Arizona. This is an onsite, direct hire position.
SALARY: $75-85K +bonus (depending on experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or commensurate functional field experience required
- 2-4+ years of financial / administrative support within a fast-paced construction/insurance restoration preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of basic accounting concepts including accruals, matching and revenue recognition.
- Sage 100 or Sage 300 Accounting software experience preferred. Percent of Completion accounting required.
- Experience with subcontract agreements, lien waivers and job cost analysis highly preferred.
- Proficiency / advance use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Suite (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas, graphs)
- Must demonstrate ability to prioritize multiple work assignments based upon company needs and manage time to complete those assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to recognize financial implications of business decisions and strategy.
- The Project Accountant will work closely with General Managers, Division Controllers, Estimators, Project Managers Superintendents and Administrators (ex. Contract Coordinators) on all facets and lifecycle of project accounting and administration, from quote to cash.
- Prepare and track receipt of signed contracts including, supplements and change orders
- Ensure accurate status of all jobs at any point in time
- Accurate, complete, and timely cost reporting, abiding to proper cutoff
- Ensure adherence to profit margins. Analyze job cost data to make corrections and work with operations to course correct production of the jobs at risk
- Ensure Dash Budgets and Work Orders are in place and compliant on all rebuild jobs. Ensure completeness of Sage Subcontracts (“SARs”) for all jobs.
- Responsible for managing and ensuring SARs, WO and budget updates are processed timely.
- Process invoices in TimberScan ensuring data entry accuracy and cost control
- Monitor and track the cash position of each project. Manage cash collection activity of projects. Ensure accurate and timely accounting of all receivable components including application of cash receipts, billings, adjustments, refunds and write-offs.
- Manage lien requirements, preparation of files for collections and small claims as needed.
- Maintain accurate jobs Work in Progress (WIP) report based on cost-based percentage of completion accounting, with specific emphasis on month end.
- Help lead weekly WIP meetings with GMs, production personnel and administrative personnel. Track follow up items and carry to resolution.
- Oversee and process subcontractor requisitions.
- Oversee and ensure subcontractors used are complying with terms and conditions of the contract (i.e., insurance, billing procedures, etc.).
- Collect and track compliance documents
- Ensure all payroll components have been properly job costed with limited leakage.
- Manages all accounting related functions of the Divisions’ projects.
- Assist project team with any questions or needs related to project accounting.
- Manage billing, payments, compliance, and cost control for the Divisions’ projects.
- Review weekly dashboard report with project team. Help implement corrective measures for improvement of low margin jobs, non-compliant jobs and aged receivables.
- Assist with coordinating monthly WIP review with GMs and Corporate Accounting. Participate and help document course correction plans for execution.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com