NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our client’s team. This is a direct hire position. Candidate must sit in the Tampa Bay area.
- Must be type-A organized & have a “do what it takes” mentality and approach to their work (not a 9 – 5 clock in & out type)
- Pay close attention to plans, budget, expectations, & materials used:
- Must manage changes in the drawings (change proposal)
- Can't let painters make mistakes = impacts margins = commissions
- Someone who can clearly see the big picture & execute accordingly (consistently)
- Computer savvy – tablets, platforms that the contractor wants to use, punch lists, RFP, etc.
- Hours are whatever it takes
- Personality, business sense, construction knowledge, mesh well with small company
- Someone who wants to stay for the long-term
- Receive job upon contract and decide on manufacturer then develop submittals.
- Review plans and develop budget (ask Richard, Keith, and/or Adam to review job and conditions and agreements made).
- Visit job as early as possible to familiarize self with all parties involved and develop initial framework for overall schedule.
- Begin deciding and coordinating lead painter for job. (How will this affect other jobs).
- Select manufacturer to use based on price, service product, type of job etc…
- Decide on color schemes, do drawdowns as necessary (need most of the time) and get them signed off by at least contractor.
- Must try and keep list of supplier and equipment rental company (keep to two if possible or bare minimum) and must be with suppliers we currently have set up or get approval.
- Coordinate material equipment and manpower with requirements to meet the ever-changing job conditions.
- Responsible for verifying timecards and doing sub draws as necessary on the Friday/ Monday due date. As well as tracking percentage of completion for draw.
- Discuss details of subcontract at the beginning and during the length of project including status of material and equipment relative to the original budget laid out for the Subcontractor.
- Send requests for pricing and or change orders whether credits or adds as soon as requested (ask for help). MUST FOLLOW UP FOR CHANGE ORDER.
- Schedule inspections as needed, attend weekly job meetings, direct painting activities including material, equipment orders and manpower to fit completion schedules.
- Do punch list (limit contractor punch list).
- Close job out.
- Hire and reassign manpower as needed.
- Schedule overnight stay to coincide with budget and job requirements.
- Make sure job accounts are set up with the appropriate supplier.
- Try to avoid putting any material orders on shop accounts unless necessary (discuss before doing).
- Make sure we have pricing for all product we are going to use in a writing for a particular job.
- Get copy of notice of commencement on each job.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to email@example.com for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com