NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Regional Director of Preconstruction to join our client’s team in Tampa, FL. This is an on-site, direct hire position.
SALARY: $180-220K (depending on experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Preferred)
- Minimum of Twelve (12) Years’ previous experience in Preconstruction
- Excellent Sales & Presentation Skills
- High Level knowledge of local, regional and, in some cases national Trade Contractors
- Ability to “Fill in the Gaps” on missing information from any level of design document – ALL Trades
- Ability to successfully self-manage work with minimal direction
- Knowledge of Historical Data on various project types
- Ability to successfully Manage a Design Build Project from Concept to Final Contract Award
- Ability to review Drawings for missing information and write RFI’s for submittal to Architects & Engineers, by Trade
- Working knowledge of constructability details and ability to recognize cost saving opportunities in every trade
- Ability to build a cohesive Preconstruction Team
- Proven Track Record; successful as Preconstruction Chief on Larger projects $150M+
- Ability to Communicate internally & externally with Owners, Operations, Preconstruction Staff, Trade Contractors & A/E Team
- Establish and monitor Regional Preconstruction procedures and systems, working with Operations Executives and Senior Vice Presidents
- Provide leadership in the preconstruction phase for luxury high-rise residential, landmark mixed-use developments, hospitality, K-12 and higher education, justice, and sports complexes projects.
- Communicate with Operational Executives and SVPs to manage the expectations of the Regional Preconstruction Department
- Manage Regional Department growth with preconstruction hiring, assignments and key staff objectives
- Coach and develop staff to advance their careers
- Manage Staff on multiple projects to deliver conceptual budgets, interval budgets, GMPs and all services requested by the owner and agreed to by the Operations Project Executive or SVP
- Understand the client’s expectations and communicate them to the Preconstruction team. From these expectations, develop a plan to ensure Preconstruction Team meets or exceeds these expectations.
- Responsible for all deliverables including complete and comprehensive GMPs thoroughly vetted with the subcontractor market
- Manage multiple projects and Preconstruction Team with successful outcomes
- Attend selective design meetings during the preconstruction phase and help the Senior Preconstruction Managers successfully steer the design to meet the budget
- Monitor adherence to all processes in the department and correct non-compliance, as required
- Conduct regular department meetings
- Provide training/seminars to department on regular basis
- Provide reviews of staff and recommend salary adjustments to SVP
- Focus on Risk Management Training and development of systems, standards, constructability, scopes of work and qualifications and assumptions
- Approve Trade Contractor Applicants who submit information from website and can direct Senior Preconstruction Managers to do the same
- Oversee Trade Contractor compliance with Contractor Scores for all Trade Contractors bidding projects
- Support Business Development/Sales including presentations, owner meetings, conceptual estimates, preconstruction services estimates, owner guidance, etc.
- Explore with Team new systems (Estimating Software, Technology) to enhance the preconstruction deliverables and preconstruction process efficiency
- Ensure the Regional Preconstruction Department has organizational and production consistency
- Interface Precon Department with VDC/BIM Departments
- Ensure historical data is collected, managed and distributed to Precon Department to incorporate into Precon estimate endeavors
- Produce Precon Service Estimates for projects as part of project negotiation
- Monitor national and local financial markets and share with Mid-Florida Leadership group
- Establish and maintain relationships with the Trade Contractor market and encourage preconstruction staff to do the same
- Develop and maintain strong friendly working relationship with the operations staff
- Assist SVP with yearly departmental budget data as requested
- Collaborate and share information with regional Preconstruction teams
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to email@example.com for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com
As part of our recruiting process, we may contact you regarding positions we feel are a good fit or engage with you via SMS text message. By clicking to submit your application, NextPath Career Partners has your consent to communicate via SMS text message moving forward.