NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Director, Construction and Facilities to join our client’s team in Orlando, FL. This is an on-site, direct hire position. Candidate must sit in the Orlando area.
SALARY: $80-128K (depending on experience)
- Strong Team building skills
- Principles of budgeting, budget reporting and financial management.
- Applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations as they relate to construction, Facilities and safety.
- Equipment, materials, and supplies commonly utilized in the maintenance and repair of Company facilities, offices and equipment.
- Ability to analyze proper construction techniques.
- Strong time management and problem solving skills to proactively mitigate delays, budget problems and additional complications that may jeopardize a project.
- Ability to understand the manufacturers recommendations for use and application of their products.
- Ability to research, recommend and implement new sustainability opportunities in our new and existing facilities.
- Ability to effectively engage the cooperation of subordinates to achieve excellent results.
- Familiar with each general contractors or trade partners scope of work to assure that work has been completed properly and within Company standards.
- 5+ years of prior project management experience in commercial projects.
- Experience working with general contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and engineering drawings.
- Establishes policies for and provides leadership of key offices and departments including facilities operations and maintenance, energy, custodial, infrastructure planning and construction management.
- Develops capital budget for the department, working closely with senior leadership.
- Represents Company in high-level negotiations with state, city and county officials concerning state agency oversight, zoning, jurisdictional matters and construction issues.
- Manages and coordinates the development of processes designed to ensure that the facilities and needs of the organization and staff are integrated into the annual Strategic and Capital plans.
- Management and oversight of all active and proposed capital projects from conception to completion including the creation of project proposals and evaluations.
- Oversees the maintenance, operations, and housekeeping of all facilities, including grounds and utilities.
- Implements strategies for continuous improvement of infrastructure, systems, operations and energy conservation.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains staffing and an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the functions of the Facilities and Maintenance Operations Team, including recruitment, skills and safety training, and evaluations of departmental staff.
- Provides leadership and direction that emphasizes customer service, team member engagement and adherence to the Core Principles of the Company
- Manage, supervise, lead, train and assign work to department staff and oversee the daily workflow to accomplish the department objectives, vision and mission.
- Plan, schedule, allocate and prioritize the workload to meet efficient operating requirements of the department.
- Daily oversight of all projects, work order submission, scheduling of employees, and the mentoring and training of all members of the team.
- Oversee the timely completion of submitted work orders from all facilities served by the Facilities Department.
- Awareness and implementation of sustainability programs to increase energy efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Oversee/direct the scheduling and supervision of business partners and Company construction activities in accordance with job and contracted work.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of all applicable building codes, OSHA job safety regulations and DA requirements.
- Assure accurate record keeping for the department, including safety logs, correspondence with jurisdictions having authority, Property Owners and management companies and construction documents.
- Recruit and actively communicate with business partners on Company safety policies, quality standards and requisition procedures to assure a solid vendor base.
- Works with other departments leading emergency management and disaster preparedness for all facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VP of Real Estate and Construction.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com