NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Sr. Estimator to join our client’s team in Green Bay, WI. This is a direct hire position with remote flexibility.
SALARY: $110-140K (depending on experience)
- Strong Conceptual Estimating skills
- Estimating all divisions – must come from a commercial GC
- Project sizes – $400k-40MM
- 5+ years of estimating/preconstruction experience
- Degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent relevant construction experience required.
- Professional certifications are a plus (e.g., Certified Professional Estimator)
- OSHA 10 certification strongly preferred, with attainment in first 12 months of employment required.
- Analyzes project plans, specifications, and other documentation to prepare accurate cost estimates for labor, materials, and equipment.
- Participates in pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required content of estimate.
- Participates in interviews and sales discussions with owners and architects. Represents the company in a professional manner in interviews. Participates in hand-off meetings.
- Conducts thorough quantity take-offs and pricing of all project components.
- Reviews blue prints and specifications, communicating requirements to the appropriate parties as needed.
- Collaborates with project managers to identify value engineering opportunities and cost-saving alternatives.
- Utilizes historical data from unit prices, purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports and prior estimates to determine bid price.
- Applies knowledge of construction techniques, principles, and processes to estimate labor and material needs.
- Mentors and trains department staff. Serves as a resource for researching technical questions.
- Prepares budget estimates. Provides estimates for self-performed work.
- Procures subcontractor quotes and ensures adequate coverage pre bid.
- Consults with subcontractors and vendors to formulate estimates and resolve issues; qualifies partners post bid day to determine cost effectiveness.
- Conducts studies and computes bids to develop useful data for repeat customer estimates. Builds and maintains customer contact for long-term relationships.
- Maintains job cost accounting records on projects with close similarities.
- May determine critical path schedule and sequence of work.
- Follows-up on project leads and works to procure new business.
- Oversees the completion and submittal of Prequalification Statements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com
As part of our recruiting process, we may contact you regarding positions we feel are a good fit or engage with you via SMS text message. By clicking to submit your application, NextPath Career Partners has your consent to communicate via SMS text message moving forward.