NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Staff Accountant – Grants to join our client’s team in Tampa, FL. This is an onsite, direct hire position.
SALARY: $55-$60K (depending on experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (required)
- 2-4 years experience working with grants and fund accounting
- Soft skills: Good communication skills, strong accountability, ability to meet deadlines
- Process all client assistance requests.
- Prepare invoicing and required back up documentation for reimbursement-based grants.
- Regularly review established grants to ensure accurate recording of both revenue and expense.
- Monitor coding for designated funds and ensure Finance Team has regular updates to new designated funds.
- Verify that invoices have been accurately coded and process reclassifications in AP (Accounts Payable) system or prepare adjusting journal entries as applicable.
- Provide and/or review proposed grant budgets as requested.
- Compile year-end reports, work papers and back up needed for various designated fund audits.
- Ensure validity and accuracy for payroll allocations to ensure payroll is allocated as stipulated in grant agreements and to ensure individual staff are not over allocated.
- Prepare activity reports for all grants.
- Review/monitor grants and transactions for compliance with private, local, state, and federal fund requirements, billing, journal entries and financial grant reporting.
- Coordinates with key personnel at all levels of the organization to support proper and timely expenditure of grant funds in compliance with applicable guidelines and budget deadlines.
- Applies indirect costs.
- Support the team in other tasks as assigned.
- Meets personal goals and actively contributes to the achievement of team and organizational targets/goals as reflected on the Balanced Scorecard, strategic plan, and department goals.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com
As part of our recruiting process, we may contact you regarding positions we feel are a good fit or engage with you via SMS text message. By clicking to submit your application, NextPath Career Partners has your consent to communicate via SMS text message moving forward.