NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Superintendent to join our client’s team. This is a direct hire position. Candidate must be in the Sarasota, Ft Myers, Port Charlotte area.
SALARY: $100-130k (depending on experience)
- Needs to manage 10 projects at once – fast pace building
- Commercial GC (mid size)
- Ideally retail experience /warehousing is important too
- Longevity & good work tenure (recent)
- Must have an active driver's license.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the construction industry as a Superintendent.
- Commercial, new construction experience required; Retail construction experience highly preferred.
- Must be willing to drive to job sites within a 1-3 hour radius of Sarasota.
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative.
- Professional with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct efficient use of all labor, equipment, materials, subcontractors/ material suppliers to achieve the highest quality.
- Study contract drawings and specifications in detail. Check all dimensions and bring all discrepancies and omissions to the attention of designers and Project Managers.
- Assist management in the selection of contractors for the right job at the right price.
- Monitor progress of construction and review schedule status with Project Manager weekly.
- Inspect subcontractor work to verify quality and conformance to the construction documents. Review the construction drawings, documents, and contract scopes of work.
- Review, approve and/or dispute T&M sheets daily, as they are turned in by the subcontractors.
- Meet utility company reps on-site to coordinate utility services.
- Expedite material and equipment orders in a timely fashion to ensure “just in time inventory”
- Evaluate the effectiveness and evaluate the performance of field personnel/ subcontractors and their crews.
- Coordinate construction activities with tenant representatives to minimize the impact on their operations while obtaining a high degree of construction efficiency
- Coordinate Tenant Openings with Property Management.
- Obtain a Certificate of Occupancy and/or Certificate of Compliance for each project.
- Promote and ensure job site safety
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to email@example.com for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com