NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Tax Supervisor to join our client’s team. This is a direct hire position. Candidate should be in the Orlando or Fort Lauderdale area.
SALARY: $75-95k (depending on experience)
- Public Accounting Experience
- Develop, mentor and retain quality staff
- Maintain a minimum of 90% realization rate on work performed
- Stay current with the laws and rulings through reading literature and attending courses.
- Prepare budgets for all engagements and forward those budgets to involved staff.
- Review all workpapers and work product before submission for further review.
- Obtain sufficient relevant data to afford a reasonable basis for conclusions or recommendations in relation to all services
- Perform, supervise, and evaluate all administrative and professional functions of subordinates.
- Manage client deadlines and engagement responsibilities.
- Bill clients in a timely manner for engagements completed, including drafting bills to clients.
- Make recommendations regarding improved operations and efficiencies of the Firm and financial position of the client, with assistance from the audit manager or shareholder, if necessary.
- Complete written correspondence with minimal supervision.
- Operate and manage for profit.
- Work directly with clients to meet their needs, while communicating the status of all clients to engagement shareholder.
- Review financial records, such as prior tax return forms, income statements, and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare return.
- Review information gathered from taxpayer, such as material assets, income, surpluses, liabilities, and expenditures to verify net worth or reported financial status and identify potential tax issues. Interview clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
- Examine and respond to client notices and inquiries from the IRS. Represent the taxpayer before the IRS.
- Consult tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Verify totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors of arithmetic or procedures. Check the workpapers of subordinates.
- Perform tax research and document findings on technical matters.
- Advise clients regarding effects of business activities on taxes, and on strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Ensure that the client complies with periodic tax payment, information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements.
- Supervise the compilation of client information into a useable financial statement.
- Supervise the computation of taxes owed and complete entries on tax forms and reviews tax extensions.
- Complete tax returns on a timely basis to avoid unnecessary extensions.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com