NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Travel Construction Superintendent to join our client’s team in South East Florida. This is a direct hire, traveling position.
SALARY: $120-190K (depending on experience)
Traveling Superintendent will receive allowances for fuel and vehicle.
- Must possess a minimum of five years’ experience as a commercial superintendent and /or training.
- Must have experience leading projects in at least one of the below – in order of importance:
- Heavy Healthcare (Hospitals, Free Standing Surgical Centers, HCA) – “can run any project they perform on with eyes closed”
- Led LARGE healthcare projects $10M+
- K-12 – Built schools from ground up (lead team)
- Higher Ed – have led the building on university campuses
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
- Must rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must have strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be able to meet high quality standards while meeting aggressive schedules/deadlines.
- Must display strong leadership skills and personal accountability.
- Language Ability – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Math ability – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills – Basic computer skills needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Responsible for understanding contractual documents – contracts / schedules / pay applications.
- Coordinates the project team.
- Able to look ahead and foresee potential issues arising while exhibiting a proactive approach to prevent those issues from complicating the project.
- Continually develops leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Assists with Business Development and Preconstruction.
- Creates, implements, and monitors the site logistics and management plan.
- Plans and coordinates weekly work activity, including sequencing and interaction of trades.
- Monitors and maintains the construction schedule and takes corrective action as required. Creates look ahead schedules.
- Exercises primary responsibility for project safety, including site separation and jobsite activities.
- Exercises primary responsibility for jobsite quality control plan.
- Maintains complete and organized records at the site.
- Maintain tool inventory and report status as required.
- Ensure the punch list is created, distributed and completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA jobsite requirements.
- Manage subcontractor performance and enforce compliance or take corrective actions.
- Accurately document the daily progress and delay logs.
- Coordinate material procurement and delivery with jobsite Subs and schedule.
- Assist management staff in developing bid scopes.
- Monitor the timely approval of submittals and assist the management team in identifying long lead teams.
- Conduct and keep a record of weekly progress meetings and daily huddles with the trades.
- Code timesheets and material invoices properly.
- Complete Comdata coding accurately and timely.
- Review job costs regularly with management staff.
- Assists project staff with RFIs.
- Understands and utilizes the Company Policy and Procedures Manual and Best Practices Guidelines including Master Forms Library.
- Participates in ongoing training efforts.
- Ensures workplace safety. Reports issues to project team immediately.
- Performs other functions as requested of them.
- Ensures client needs are exceeded throughout the course of delivery.
- Plan and coordinate daily work activity, including sequencing and interaction of trades
- Assist the management staff when necessary in reviewing shop drawings and submittals
- Accurately document the daily progress of the Project
- Conduct and keep a record of weekly progress meetings with the trades
- Maintains complete and organized records at the site
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to email@example.com for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com
As part of our recruiting process, we may contact you regarding positions we feel are a good fit or engage with you via SMS text message. By clicking to submit your application, NextPath Career Partners has your consent to communicate via SMS text message moving forward.