NextPath Career Partners is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our client’s team in Tampa, FL. This is a hybrid, direct hire position.
SALARY: $60-70K + Bonus (depending on experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field,
- Previous accounting experience preferred,
- Strong understanding of accounting principles,
- Proficiency with accounting software, network system, and Microsoft Windows work groups, and Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.),
- Ability to complete trainings outside the office (travel within the state) when required.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare monthly financial statements and to support the external audit; includes year-to-year flux and budget variance explanations utilizing knowledge of accounting principles, expense and revenue recognition, accounting for contributions, fixed asset determination, and lease accounting,
- Maintain and update supporting schedules to the financial statements, includes supporting schedules for reconciliation of general ledger accounts,
- Prepare cash flow/forecast and assist affiliates in monitoring cash and overall financial performance,
- Oversee and monitor affiliate spending and ensure compliance with accounting principles and company policies and communicate any violation to management and supervisory personnel,
- Review bank deposits and keep accurate daily cash ledgers and reconcile bank accounts on a monthly or more frequent basis,
- Maintain and properly record and recognize revenue funding sources, including state contract and other affiliate grants,
- Review accounts payable transactions to ensure compliance with accounting and contract and grant requirements,
- Prepare and process journal entries,
- Prepare ad hoc reports, such as affiliates Form 990 pro forma,
- Reconcile fundraising reported by Resource Development with general ledger,
- Ensure federal, state, unemployment, and other taxes are paid timely and accurately,
- Develop an understanding of revenue contracts, grants, and gifts and ensure compliance with contracting agencies’, grantors’ and donor’s financial requirements,
- Assist Executive Director and designated personnel with budget preparation, revision(s) and have regular communication about financial results with Affiliates’ administrative Team Members,
- Assist in the training and development of affiliate administrative Team Members,
- Provide support to internal and external auditors,
- Assist with special projects and other duties as needed.
NEXTPATH CAREER PARTNERS:
NextPath is a candidate centric recruiting firm focused on your career goals to help you find your next path! Our team of professional recruiters have over 80 years of combined experience to help you navigate a job change. Our clients span local and national with roles in sales, creative, marketing, and staffing on a direct, contract-to-perm, and contract (project) basis.
If the position above doesn’t appear to fit, we do have a host of clients with roles that could be a match and not every position will be posted. Feel free to reach out to find a better match by emailing your resume to email@example.com for a recruiter to engage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all open jobs: http://www.nextpathcp.com
As part of our recruiting process, we may contact you regarding positions we feel are a good fit or engage with you via SMS text message. By clicking to submit your application, NextPath Career Partners has your consent to communicate via SMS text message moving forward.